I am a really big fan of the World of TG link site. I owe most of my traffic to Viola, I am a very big fan. It's through World of TG I discovered this blog: http://atightsspot.blogspot.com/
This blog seems to have a bunch of the images I captioned. They all seem to have my "Logo", but I see no link back to my blog. What's more this seems to be some kind of scam site, I see ads for bitcoin and adult services.
Anyone know how I should handle this? I don't really care about my images being reposted, if it's a legit blog, I am just happy more people get to enjoy them. But since it seems to be a scam, I don't want my work associated with it or other TG caption fans to be at risk.
Also, did they just scrape the images off of my blog or should I be concerned about compromised security?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
-Kat
P.S. I in no way blame World of TG for this, I am sure the scammer just submitted a link like anyone else would. I only mentioned them as part of my story of discovering the other blog.
I have seen this as well. I have no clue as to how you can get your immages back. It appears the site was shut down for good.
ReplyDeleteI assume they just scraped them off your blog, not like that makes it any better. Reposting can be flattering, but only if its done with proper credit.
ReplyDeleteI took a look but didn't see any way to send them a message. Maybe just hit some of the most recent ones and post a comment directing readers back to your site for the originals?
I'll give that a try, but I suspect it's not even a person doing it. I'm just worried other caption fans will go there and get a virus or something.
DeleteThat used to be Hailey's blog but she gave it up and somebody else squatted on the url. An awful lot of formerly legit TG blogs have returned as zombies full of stolen material, spyware and obnoxious pop-ups.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, I do not realize, thanks for the info!
Delete